Introducing Pod Drives
ePropulsion pod drives are direc-drive and maintenance-free electric motors for sailboats and small crafts. They’re space-saving and maximize your cabin space.You hear no noise onboard. Under 10HP, it’s a market gap of diesel saildrive, and ePropulsion pod drives can satisfy the demand and offer a new option other than outboard.
Hydrogeneration Empowers Sailboats
Build a Pod Drive System
Choose Your Motor
Choose Your Control
Choose Your Battery
E-Series Lithium Battery
We recommend you choosing ePropulsion original battery. 48V E-Series lithium iron phosphate battery is the perfect match for your Pod Drive.
Unit price is as low as $0.5 per watt-hour.
Four Evo Controls
With four controllers available, you can always find a controller that well satisfies your needs.
Man overboard protection
Max connection up to 8 wristbands per motor
Safety wristband works with Evo Tiller and Evo top mount control only, not compatible with Evo side mount control or Evo dual control.
|Pod Drive 1.0 Evo||Pod Drive 3.0 Evo||Pod Drive 6.0 Evo|
|Input Power||1 kW||3 kW||6 kW|
|Equivalent Power||3 HP||6 HP||9.9 HP|
|Input Voltage||39 V – 60 V||39 V – 60 V||39 V – 60 V|
|Recommended Battery||ePropulsion E-Series Battery||ePropulsion E-Series Battery||ePropulsion E-Series Battery|
|Weight||6.2 kg / 13.7 lbs||15.3 kg / 33.7 lbs||31kg / 68.3lbs|
|Propeller||11″ × 5.8″ 2-blade composite propeller||10.2″ × 6.7″ 2-blade composite propeller||12.6″ × 8.7″ 3-blade aluminum propeller|
|Motor||Brushless DC motor||Brushless DC motor||Brushless DC motor|
Free Test Ride
Can I use E40 to power Pod Drive 3.0 Evo or E80 to power Pod Drive 6.0 Evo?
- Yes, but parallel connection is required. To power one Pod Drive 3.0 Evo with E40, you need two E40 batteries in parallel. To power one Pod Drive 6.0 Evo with E80, you need two E80 batteries in parallel.
Officially, we recommend the E80 battery for Navy 3.0 Evo, and E175 battery for Navy 6.0 Evo. For more info, please check ePropulsion Tutorial: ePropulsion E-Series Battery | General Instructions
Can I use third-party batteries to power Pod Drive 1.0 / 3.0 / 6.0 Evo?
- First, our original E-Series battery has the best unit price on the market, as low as $0.46 per WattHour.
- Second, the E-Series battery weighs 70% less than the lead-acid battery with equivalent usable capacity, and costs 50% in five-year use.
- Third, because of incompatible communication protocol, when powered by third-party batteries, the ePropulsion motor cannot access real-time battery status and apply the best operation strategy.
- Despite all these, if you still prefer third party lithium or lead-acid batteries. The nominal battery voltage should be 48V. The continuous discharge current should be over 25A for Pod Drive 1.0 Evo, 62.5A for Pod Drive 3.0 Evo and 125A for Pod Drive 6.0 Evo.
Can Pod Drive motor work for saltwater use?
Yes, they’re all designed for extensive use in the saltwater. We choose high-quality aluminum alloy as the base material, and apply hard anodizing coating and teflon coating on top of it. For more info, please check ePropulsion Blog: How do we make an outboard corrosion-resistant?